Friday, May 22, 2009

More Flats (Day 18)

I thought I'd make it to the New Mexico Border, but I ran into another bike problem that delayed that state crossing. Somewhere outside of the town of Bowie, my rear trailer tube got somewhere between 25-30 holes in it. After using up almost all my patches and half a role of garden-hose-repair tape I borrowed from a kindly gas station attendant, the thing still wouldn't hold any air. I finally managed to mend my other tube and was back up and running again.

After wasting all that time trying to fix my tire, I was soon running out of daylight. But I did manage to bike another 13 miles to the next town of San Simon. I then spent the next couple hours hanging out at the one and only truck stop, eating half-day-old pizza and watching Bill O'Reilly on the dining area's TV set.



I cycled around 39 miles today. CLICK HERE to see the boring details.

1 comment:

  1. I've decided you're the modern version of the game Oregon Trail. Now you need to start hunting rabbits and buffalo.

    ReplyDelete