Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What, Me Cycle? (Day 3)

Day 3 started off bad, but ended quite nicely as I got to coast my way into the Coachella Valley, where over 125 golf resorts awaited to deny me entrance. Many of the gated entrances bore "NO BEARDS ALLOWED" signs.



Getting through Palm Springs was a little tricky, as there was some sort of rodeo, round-up, texas-hold'em festival going on that blocked the main street. But once I was through the hullabaloo, I biked another 10 miles or so to the neighboring town of Rancho Mirage, where I found a place to camp under a bridge on Bob Hope Drive.



I biked approximately 54 miles today, making a total of 147.5 miles so far. Not hugely impressive, but at least I'm not going backwards. CLICK HERE to see the progress thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment