Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gone in Less Than 24 hrs

I just spent a thousand bucks on a new bike on Tuesday in preparation for this 1,000-mile, LA-to-Dallas cycling trip. I was all packed, turned in my apartment key, and was ready to head out... when some cocksucker stole my bike outside the Santa Monica Library in broad daylight!

Bought on Tuesday, stolen on Wednesday. Now, that's efficiency!



After an anxiety-filled night at my cousin's home, I woke up today and decided to give the bike shop a call. I wanted to see what kind of possibilities there were for replacing my stolen transportation. I still don't know if I really want to shell out the dough for another bike and trailer, especially when my cycling skills are kinda sub par.



I have to make my final decision by Monday. If I give up on the biking idea, I'll probably end up busing it back east. My main fear is buying another bike and then finding out I suck as a long-distance cyclist somewhere in the Arizona desert.

1 comment:

  1. Damn, looks like that was a pretty nice bike too. Keep on keepin on...let me know if you need a bike shop in Austin. ~Tbone

    ReplyDelete