Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Getting Ready to Leave LA

The time has come to leave Los Angeles and put myself in motion. My plan is to head out of LA and bicycle to New Mexico where retired couple, Marie and Ken, are hiking the 730-mile Grand Enchantment Trail. I'm trying to arrange a meeting at one of their pit stops so I can interview them about their walk across America in 2005. After that, it's off to Dallas, Texas.

I just bought a new bicycle and a cargo trailer for $950 and I'm gearing to start pedaling east in the next day or two. Since I no longer have an apartment in West Hollywood, I'm hanging out in Santa Monica until my cousin Bridget and her fiance Kevin get home and I can crash on their spare bed.



I'm currently in the lovely Santa Monica Public Library, killing some time. I'm a little giddy because this is my first attempt at blogging from the road. When I did my walk from NY to LA, I had to relay my entries to friends, via phone calls. This, in turn, resulted in blog entries being about 30-50 days behind schedule. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up the pace once I hit the road... and I hope to God that my future entries will be more exciting than this one.

1 comment: