Monday, June 1, 2009

Done! And done! (Day 22-25)



It's official... I'm in El Paso, TEXAS... and thus concludes this foolish biking trip. I completed 1,002 miles in just over three weeks, which is not bad considering my three day layover in the Phoenix area.

Many thanks to all the folks I met along the way who took the time to stop and talk to a goofy, bearded man who occasionally smelled like a Habitrail full of gerbils. Also, thanks to all of you who have been following this cycling adventure and leaving comments on this blog. Leaving quick, cheery messages actually made a huge difference on this sometimes grueling trip and often helped boost my morale.

So, here's my final video. It's a little long because it's summarizing the last few days and I was also feeling a little self-indulgent. Hope you enjoy.



From Las Cruces to El Paso it was just a sliver under 60 miles, totaling (like I said) 1,002 miles for the entire trip. CLICK HERE to see the end of this journey in interactive form.



One last note, even though this is the end of this bike trip, I will still be updating this blog... mainly on the task of completing THE WALKING FOOL documentary and pursuing my long, heartfelt desire to act. Plus, I'll continue to share the occasional interview of the wacky folks I meet in my ongoing travels.

4 comments:

  1. First! LOL. OMG. Nicely done, Marco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, dude...congrats!! Hope you're not too broken. What's next? Settle down in El Paso...aka Crazytown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us along, WF. Looking forward to the next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WF, I've enjoyed reading of your bike ride. I, too, am looking forward to your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete